Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 5 and 6

I had a bit of a break in the challenge the past couple of days. I just couldn't resist Macey's caselot, but I was still good.

Day 5
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Peanut Butter sandwiches and leftovers for me
Dinner: Tuna Casserole- Not very good, but cheap and easy

Day 6
Breakfast: Cereal again although we eat a lot of cereal, I got it for free so I don't feel too bad
Lunch: Fishsticks and leftovers
Dinner: Homemade rolls and Mexican creamy turkey soup --using corn from my mom's garden

$$$

Here's the deal. We did make the 3 gallons of milk I bought monday last until today so I bought 3 more at Sam's. I also had to buy fruit snacks since it is the only way I can get the kids to take naps for a total of $13.40 I also bought 10 yogurts for $0.25 each (with coupon) and 2 bags of cereal at $0.89 each at Macey's I did buy a few other things, but am counting them to food storage. If it comes in a #10 can, it's food storage. So the total for today was $19.05.
Grand total $32.45. Not great but a good start. I will do better, right?

I not spend any money 4 days this week, so that was something. I also cooked out of my food storage everyday, which was an accomplishment.

No comments: