Sunday, January 17, 2010

Day 12- 14

I really am having a hard time staying on budget. I think I may go over. I really am trying, but there always seems to be a sale on something that is a great price that we really use. I am doing fine on the cooking, but the budget thing may be my downfall.

Day 12

Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Misc stuff for everyone
Dinner: Leftovers- good thing Nate will eat them

We did go to Sam's and spent too much--$25.00

Day 13
We went ice fishing this afternoon and I was really tempted to get a $5 pizza, but we were good and stayed on plan.
Breakfast: Pancake mountain with eggs from my mom's and fresh ground wheat flour
Lunch: Misc for everyone
Dinner: Leftovers again-- but at least we used them
Dick's had a sale.I did get 5 boxes for a$1 each and $0.25 yogurt for a total of $7.58

Day 14
Breakfast: Cereal
Lunch: Misc.
Dinner: Ham and potato soup- using leftover ham and garden potatoes- the kids ate yogurt.

Grand total: $73.85
Days without spending money: 7


This week I have to do better!!! We have plenty of food. We just may need milk and cheese, but luckily the kids have really slowed down drinking milk, so we may just pull this off.

1 comment:

Dave and Natalie said...

I also have a hard time passing up the deals...it's save now, or spend later...I can't NOT do it!! Just think how much you're saving off of what you would normally do.