Friday, January 29, 2010

Amazing Friends

I am almost finished. In my last post, I talked about not being sure if I could make it the last few days without going over my budget because we needed milk. The next day after writing the post, I was talking to a friend about it and how I could try powdered milk. A few minutes later, she showed up at my house with 3 gallons of milk and CHOCOLATE! She totally made my day.

As a result, I was able to go 4 days this week without spending money. I did spend money on Monday, but that was only to send a package to my sister so it didn't count as groceries.

This week, I also baked a lot. I made 2 batches of wheat bread, brownies and zucchini chocolate chip cookies, and sugar cookies (from a bag.) We still ate from our food storage. We are running low on a few basics for lunches, but I still have quite a bit of food that needs to be used. We still have tons of potatoes and sweet potatoes, but made a big dent. Next month, I think I will continue cooking from my food storage, but will stock up on a few things. The goal is to not spend double next month.

Only 2 days left, wish us luck!

Days without spending money: 15
Grand total: $96.08

2 comments:

Haws Family said...

I'm so proud of you! That is amazing. I want to try that in the next few months... After I restock my supply. ;) We have been doing quite a bit of using up our supply in the last 6 months, now I need to spend a few month building before I deplete it again.

Dave and Natalie said...

sounds like you've got about 3 dollars to go get yourself a treat!! Way to go!!