Monday, January 25, 2010

Almost there

We are starting on our last week of the challenge and things are moving on. I won't write what we have been eating for days 18-21 mainly because I don't remember. I did have to get milk, eggs, yogurt, cheese and hot dogs which cost $17.35, but I did use coupons. Oh ya, I had a type-o last entry and my total was supposed to be $78.73 not $88.73.

This is what I have learned so far:

  • I love/hate living in a city where there are so many options for shopping. I am able to get great deals by going to different stores that are all really close to each other, but that also tempts me to spend more money.
  • Cooking out of our food storage is easy and not different from what I normally do since we almost never go out to eat.
  • The biggest problem I have is the little money I spend here and there. I am not sure if I am going to make it under the $100, we are probably going to go over by a little bit.
  • I am still spending quite a bit on diapers and other household stuff. Next month, I may try to work on this goal. I could be saved if the twins would just get potty trained!!!!!
Grand total so far: $96.08 -we are going to need milk before next week--ahh
Days without spending money: 11

2 comments:

Dave and Natalie said...

do you have powdered milk (I know...gag) but morning moo is actually good and if you mixed it half and half with real milk I bet you couldn't tell. (besides it doesn't last forever anyway)...oh and I've been known to give a cup of hot chocolate when I'm running low on milk...maybe that will help you stretch!! (or I can bring you dinner :)!

Sherri said...

Good for you!!